Personal Growth Education
- Students will develop positive values by being thankful, grateful, proactive, and optimistic through learning about themselves and developing self-care skills, problem solving skills, and a positive mindset.
- Through topics such as understanding the relationship between the surrounding and you, developing interpersonal communication skills, and participating in service learning, students will develop a sense of belonging at school, learn to respect others, and learn to be sympathetic to others and serve the community.
- The teaching content aligns with the V-STAR activities in the VASE programme through including life skills teaching as a part of the curriculum, training students self-care skills and building good living habits.
- The curriculum’s design has multiple alignments to reinforce the student’s knowledge in personal growth.
- To foster students’ correct value and attitude.
- To develop students’ positive character and good habits.
- To develop student’ resilience.
- To live a fulfilling life.
- To let students understand themselves, others, and the environment.
- The curriculum is centered around the theme of ‘love’. Students must first learn to love themselves to learn to love others.
- The curriculum will use examples from life, stories, videos, and books to help students understand the content.
- Students will participate in activities, have discussions, and do self-evaluations to reinforce what they have learnt and develop new experiences.
- Activities in Personal Growth Education is diverse and includes life education movies, a poverty experience, a teamwork event, and inter-gender relationships lectures.